Marshmallow Shooters Dressed up as the Ghostbusters - Happy Halloween!

Marshmallow Shooters and the Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary - in Time for Halloween!
Vas The Stampede

Happy Halloween! Back at Toy Fair I saw that Marshmallow Shooters had managed to get the Ghostbusters license, and while I normally don't like repaints, I thought the Ghostbusters scheme (Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and all) looked pretty great. It fit, with the lines and the shapes of the Shooters being very reminiscent of the Ghostbusters own proton pack.



As it so happens, 2014 is also the 30th Anniversary of the original Ghostbusters film franchise, starring Bill Murray, Harold Ramis (rest in peace), Dan Aykroyd, and Ernie Hudson. Thirty years, a sequel, a cartoon series, a comic book, and many other forms of media later, the franchise still has a huge following and is even in talks to get a reboot for a new generation of Ghostbusters.

Marshmallow Blaster - MSRP: $28.00 (final price depends on vendor)



Marshmallow Shooters was kind enough to send along some samples of their "Stay Puft" Ghostbusters Shooters, and they look just as good as I remember. The Shooters are functionally the same, as they tend to be with every new skin. Same ranges anywhere between 30'-40' depending on the shooter you have, whether it is classic, or the blaster. I've always enjoyed the satisfying "POP!" from shooting the blaster, personally.

Some new products are the orb "Slimeball" and the "Snap Dragon"

Orb "Slime Ball"- MSRP: $16.00

Snap Dragon (note, the ammo holder in the handle) - MSRP: $11.00


And I don't remember seeing Straight Shooters before, but they're blow gun type shooters -


Not pictured in Ghostbusters colors:

the Mini Bow, the Bow & Mallow, and the Double Shooter (I have a firing video of the original Double Shooter here).

Gameplay wise, I've used Marshmallow Shooters to great hilarity during games, usually resulting in someone running up and stealing my ammo for a snack or trying to catch my ammo mid-air (NOT RECOMMENDED.) And while I've found a lack of separately available hoppers/inline cartridges affecting my reload time (as I have to stop, detach, reload, and then keep firing) the Marshmallow blaster is probably my favorite (followed by the Snap Dragon) because it doesn't require a tube to to load and fires pretty well. The Snap Dragon is not vulnerable to marshmallow build up (as happens with the breech loading shooters) interfering with the functioning of the blaster and the ammo holder is a really nice touch.

All the same, a great look from Marshmallow Shooters for the Ghostbusters. If you're a fan of the movies (and even if you're not and want Marshmallow Shooters) these would be a fun buy... now who ya gonna call?


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,