Nerf/Dart Tag/Blaster fight Gear/Accessories: Grabit Pack (Ultra!)

Alright, let's get to it.  Chances are you've been to thinkgeek and saw this picture.

Well, I did.  I got one (two!) and for the better part of my recent Nerfing history, I've used it.  Holding a sidearm, or some extra ammo.  Why?  Because sometimes I didn't have cargo pockets, and sometimes I want to look like That Guy Who Is Overdoing It.

More after the cut:



 I digress.  The Grabit Pack has served me well all over the place, not just on the field.  I've used it at conventions to hold my camera(s), tablet, money, swag, business cards, woodland creature (kidding!), multitool,  all kinds of things in all kinds of situations.  I found it very useful and looked pretty cool an unassuming to boot.

Nowadays, Grabit Pack has expanded and come forward with a couple of new offerings.  First is the Grabit Pack Ultra.  For $39.95 USD (right or left, I believe a set is $44.95 but that might be just the regular type of Grabit) + S&H, it's all yours!  Protip: when flying, I tend to put my wallet/ID/spare change/keys all in the Grabit, then I don't have to worry about rifling through my pockets at security, all I do is put the Grabit on the security belt and go.

Anyway, the breakdown on the improved Ultra is this:

-10000 ballistic nylon.  Ballistic grade, and feels far stronger/sturdier than the original Grabit.
- An extra zipper on the large pocket.
- A clasp to bolster the velcro closure on the small pocket.

Ultra on the left, original on the right.  WHO WILL WIN????


The buckles are more robust as well.  The only issue I really ran into is that wearing a Grabit Pack with shorts means whatever leg I wore the Grabit Pack on made the leg of the shorts ride up a bit, but that's a very small thing.  I can run, jump, slide, and roll very comfortably with a Grabit Pack, and it gives me just that extra amount of space to carry stuff.  So, you wear a Grabit Pack, wear proper pants.

They also have a version sized for an iPad: http://www.tabletpack.net/.  Personally, I use a Galaxy Tab but it has an Otterbox on it, making it a little heftier.  It fits in this pack just as easily, and if you don't use it for a tablet, it functions just as well as a dump pouch.  But a dump pouch with a very soft and plush inner lining (to keep your tablet protected!)

Tablet Pack w/my Galaxy Tab

 Do I like it?  Heck yes!  Is it worth it?  For what you find yourself using it for, I think so.  It definitely makes doing some things (like getting through airport security) a lot easier, and doing work at conventions and shows a lot easier by giving me the extra easily reachable pockets.  If you can swing'em definitely get'em.  They're durable, almost no reduction in mobility, and from what I can tell their customer service is top notch.  Check'em out, if you haven't already!

Anyway, here are some pics to show what I tried fitting in the Grabit.  (All pics are the normal sized Grabit Pack Ultra, unless otherwise specified to be the iPad tabletpack)

Nerf Barricade Rev-10: YES!

Nerf Sharp Shot: YES!

Quickfire 12 from Primetime Toys:  YES! (it has the extra clip, too)

Zing Toys's Pop Rocketz: YES!

Like I said, YES!

All these did indeed fit

Lightining Blitz.... not quite!

18 round magazine: YES! (just couldn't close it)

YES!

Not so much the smaller pocket...


18 round drum: YES!


Like it was made to carry Nerf Vortex mags (that's a 10 in the small pocket)

Vapor Atlas: YES!

Nerf Vortex Proton: YES!


Nerf Crossfire?

YES!

...

Wishful thinking!







 


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,