Review: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy - Star Lord Quad Blaster! (Nerf)


 GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY STAR-LORD LORD QUAD BLASTER:



Price: $19.99 (Target.com - ordered)
Range: 20'-30'
Includes: 
Nerf Elite darts x 4
Quad Blaster x 1

(The pics are reposts - But the video is new!)



There it is! The Star Lord Quad Blaster in all its glory. Last seen at New York Toy Fair, I managed to order one off Target.com.






The blaster has 2 triggers -> one opens the blaster up exposing the extra barrels, and the other fires darts. There are 2 slides behind each barrel that pull back and return to position, priming the blaster. Depending on which barrels have darts in them, those darts will fire. If all 4 barrels are loaded, the inner barrels fire first, then the outer. If you load darts any other way whichever barrels are loaded will fire (smart ARs).

Pretty basic, front-loading and a pullback slide with a sweet gimmick. It's almost the perfect formula for a licensed product. And as far as licensed products go, I'm more used to them going 10'-15', not 25'-30'. And that's what you're going to get out of this blaster. So while not on par with many Elite/other brands, it doesn't have to. The push here isn't someone looking for performance (mostly) but a comic fan who is looking to tag their nearest Ronan The Accuser-looking friend for fun. Costumers may get a kick out of this and folks who check out the movie that will become new fans of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Is it worth the $20? I enjoy the gimmick of the blaster, regardless of the ranges. I like my Nerf games stock and up close anyway, so 20'-30', 50', whatever that's not what I got it for. I got it cause it looks cool and people will understand why I yell "OOGA CHAKA OOGA CHAKA" as my new battlecry :) I will admit, I thought the ranges were a little longer at Toy Fair, but I don't really care. It's easier to holster when it's closed up, but I'd probably use it by itself and not as a sidearm because that's just how I do things.


Excelsior!

Pssst.... this was on the back. Looks like there is another blaster coming out! Star Lord doesn't get to have all the fun :)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,